You are a Real Estate lawyer, invited to visit a Count in Transylvania in order to complete a real estate transaction in Whitby, England. As your visit continues you encounter increasingly strange events including vampires and even your fiancee is turned into a vampire.
ImageAssets the list of needed image assets.
There are three types of weapons:
- holy water (which is a range weapon, with wide spread, limited amount available unless you refill it, does temporary damage)
- a stake (which is a close milee weapon, and you need to be accurate -- fatal if in the heart, enrages otherwise)
- and a defensve weapon (the cross) -- fast to use, and close range only.
- d-pad: move around
- X: use weapon
- /\: get item
- L/R trigger: change weapon
- START: extended options (Continue, Show Objective, End Night, Restart Level, Controls Help, Quit Game)
You need to: get stake (level 3 and up), refill holy water (level 2 and up), get
cross (level 1 and up)
Dracula/vampires: convert people to vampires (which you need to kill), switches
to a bat to escape, freezes if hit by holy water (for 1 second), is repelled by
the style is various rooms, with an expanding map as you play.
Night 1 is in your room in the mansion
- you are visiting a duke in Transylvania on a diplomatic mission
- start off asleep, and you're awakened by a sound
- you get out of bed to investigate the sound
- you investigate the sound, and examine various objects in the room, pick up a cross
- you decide the sound was from a cat prowling in the hallway
- you go to bed, and Dracula appears
- he lunges at you, and you repel him with your cross, or it's game over (ie level restart).
Night 2 is in anther room in the mansion (and you're defending your love interes
- start in your room again
- hear noise again
- check hallway again
- investigate, examine objects and find holy water
- enter other bedroom
- encounter Dracula attacking love interest
- moves to fast to use cross
- need to time closeness to get holy water to be effective, without running out
- if you miss, it's game over (ie level restart), as you get converted to a vampire before you can change weapons to the cross
Night 3 is in the dungeon (where you face a vampire horde)
- Hear a noise
- check hallway: refill holy water
- check other bedroom
- down staircase to foyer
- library has book on vampres, suggests a stake to the heart
- basement, find stake
- dungeon contains vampires. Must repel 1, then 3, then 5, then 7 or game over (restart level?)
- end of night
Night 4 is in the crypt (where you face Dracula for a final showdown/boss fight)
- Night falls, not waiting for a noise
- patrol hall, refill holy water
- visit other bedroom, find love interest gone, kidnapped by Dracula
- staircase to foyer
- library has book: says that vampires sleep in coffins, so go to graveyard.
- dungeon had vampires. Must repel 1, 3, 5, 7 then
- graveyard, with 3 and 4 vampires to stake
- extra holy water in fountain near crypt
- find dracula in crypt.
- appears to be in 2 places, only 1 is real.
- can only stake him with stun from holy water + stake, since otherwise he changes to a bat to escape, or bites you.
You win! Your love interest converts back to human. You get that highly desire
Now beat it on a harder skill level.
Design points to ponder
- should there be a secondary points gathering objective (coins, diamonds, etc.) to help lead the person around?